- This is an honest non paid for review of the Napiers Beard Club Starter Kit which I have been using for about 1 week at the point of me writing this.
- A huge thanks to Napier’s Beard Club and The British Beard Club for the opportunity to get this wonderful box of goodies which contained.
- 200ml bottle of beard shampoo
- 10ml bottle of Natural Beard Oil
- 30ml Bottle of Beard Spritz
- 15ml tin of Whisker Wax
- A Drawstring Bag for my goodies when I travel
- To start with the first product I used was the “Kind To Your Face Beard Shampoo” which has this lovely sweet bay leaf scent to it which straight away made me want to use it as I have this weakness to sweet smells and citrus. The shampoo gives a wonderful clean that isn’t harsh to the skin or beard but is really good at getting that days oil/balm/wax out without needing a hell of a lot of product which makes it great value for money. I’d give this a 9/10 (just because the bottle lid is hard for me to use while in the bath).
- Next was the Natural Beard Oil which has the scents of cedar-wood, lime, chamomile and sandalwood this kind of combo isn’t usually my preference as I’m not a fan of sandalwood but this combo has a lovely afternoon/evening scent that is quite relaxing. Also the quality of the oil is very smooth and softens my beard hair and gives it a good scent where the softening lasts about 5-8 hours and the scent lasts about 3 hours, also the glass bottle and dropper is great and I personally use only 5-7 drops of the oil for my sideburns and full beard. This oil I’d give a 8/10 as the scent isn’t usually what I’d use usually but I do like the smell a lot after 3-4 days of use.
- Now is a product I have never seen anywhere else which is a Beard Spritz which has a very similar scent to the oil but is a water with oil suspended in it so it works similar to the oil but I use it as a top-up while I’m out and its crazy nice refreshing, the only downside of it being a spray bottle is that it goes in my mouth sometimes and dosent taste good at all. The only other downside is that the scent of the spritz is not the same as the oil but when combined after a few hours of wear they combine very nicely and make me feel confident. I’d give this a 7/10 as it is very nice after a few hours but I do get it in my mouth sometimes and I’m not a fan of the spray nozzle but the glass bottle is a nice way of keeping the product clean and nice and fresh.
- And the last product that was in the box was the Whisker Wax now I don’t use wax in my beard for my Whiskers but I tried this and found it has a good hold and scent to it and the hold seemed to have a good strength to it. So I’d say it is a good product but not one I’d use on a general basis maybe if I need to keep my beard in a particular place on a bad weather day. I’d give this a 9/10 as its got a nice scent and a good hold and does everything it should do.
When It comes down to buying gifts for my wife which I wish I could do a whole lot more, I used to feel guilty that I couldn’t buy the expensive silver necklaces or diamond earrings or expensive dresses that films always seem to say are the perfect gifts for women. Continue reading “How I Buy A Gift For My Wife”
This review is not a promoted or paid for review as I bought these myself after joining some beard groups on Facebook and becoming aware of some great beard oil companies and Tactical Beards being one of them. Continue reading “Tactical Beards : Unbiased Product Review”
I was looking at the list of side effects today of my pain killer patches and it looks just as scary as every other strong pain killer I have been on, and I had one of those random trains of thought that I get a lot.
These simple pancakes are both easy to make and cook but also taste awesome, however in our house there is always a light hearted argument over whether pancakes should be sweet (which I think they are) or savory (which my wife thinks they should be).
Where I like jam, sugar and lemon juice or orange juice on mine then rolled up and munched, my wife likes to cut them all up and pour chicken gravy over them, I have tried them with gravy and they are tasty however I still believe that they should be a sweet and not a savory meal/lunch/snack. Continue reading “Pancakes, Pancakes, Pancakes: Sweet or Savory?”
This is the first in a series of posts on authors that have written books and series of books that are in epic universes, have addictive stories, and have wonderful insights that make you think. Most of the books I read are fantasy or sci-fi this is for 2 reasons one is that I like to immerse myself into a book and with fantasy books a good author has an almost free reign
Continue reading “Brilliant Authors & Books : Reasons Why I Read”
I’m sure that a lot of people are in the same position as I am with being told on occasion that you are not helping yourself with the level of pain you are in by gaining weight. Now I know I cannot be anywhere near as active as I used to be
This particular Bolognese sauce came about because I want to lose weight and started looking at the sugar content of pre-made pasta and Bolognese sauces and they were high and when you look at weight watchers pro points they point at about 10% of your daily amount and that’s just for the sauce so I decided to make one myself that doesn’t cost you any pro points with the additional benefit of being highly customisable.
This is one of my favorite pictures from our wedding day.
On halloween last year (2015) me and my wife (jessica @ dupesareagirlsbestfriend.com) got married after being together over 7 years. When people say your wedding day is the best day of your life, you may think oh my god how tacky, I know I used to but I have to say it was incredible and my wife looked stunning. Continue reading “Suits For Tall People & Custom Dresses”